Bold and spicy Thai peanut sauce drizzled over roasted sweet potatoes and bell peppers on a bed of rice. The sauce would also be great on stir-fries and salads, or as a dip for raw vegetables. This is a healthy vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free recipe.
1.Prep: Bring a large pot of water to boil. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit with a rack in the middle and another rack near the top.
2. Roast the vegetables: Toss the sweet potato chunks with a generous tablespoon of coconut oil, the cumin and a sprinkle of salt.
3.Toss the bell pepper with about a teaspoon of coconut oil and salt. The vegetables should be lightly coated with oil on all sides.
3. Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Arrange the red bell peppers on a separate, smaller baking sheet.
4. Roast the sweet potatoes on the middle rack for about 35 minutes, tossing halfway, and roast the peppers on the top rack for about 20 minutes, tossing halfway.
5. The vegetables will be tender and caramelized on the edges when they are ready.
6. In the meantime, cook the rice: Once the water is boiling, pour in the rice and give it a stir. Boil the rice for 30 minutes, then turn off the heat and drain the rice.
7. Return the rice to the pot and cover the pot. Let the rice steam that way for 10 minutes. Remove the lid, fluff the rice with a fork and season with salt to taste.
8. Make the sauce: in a bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. If the sauce is too thick or too spicy, whisk in a little more water.
9. Serve: Top rice with roasted vegetables, a heavy drizzle of sauce, and a sprinkle of chopped green onions, cilantro and peanuts.