Soya chunks cutlet recipe made with textured vegetable protein and mixed veggies. These can be pan fried or baked and turn out crunchy and delicious.
1.Grate potatoes and carrots if using raw. Chop beans very finely. You can also skip grating and just cube them and steam in a steamer. Mash them well and set aside.
2. Boil soya in hot water for 2 to 4 mins. Drain them. Squeeze of the excess water and rinse well few times. Squeeze and drain up the water. Blend them to a coarse texture.
3. Heat a pan with oil and season with cumin. Saute ginger garlic until it smells good. Add potatoes, carrots, peas or beans and saute for a min.
4. Cover and cook on a low heat until soft. If you have used raw make sure the veggies are cooked and turned soft. Add all the spice powders and salt. Mix well
5. Add soya and coriander leaves.
6. Mix and cover and cook on a low heat for 2 to 4 mins or until completely cooked.
7. The mixture must bind well at this stage. If it is doesn’t bind well you can add 2 to 4 tbsps bread crumbs or roasted besan. Cool completely. Make patties and set aside.
8. Make a slurry by mixing the rice flour and water.
9. Dip each of these patties in the slurry and then coat with the crumbs. Set aside for ten minutes.
10. Heat a wide pan with oil. When it is hot enough place the patties in oil and fry on a medium heat until golden on both the sides.
11. Serve soya cutlet with sauce, chutney or in a burger as patty.