1.To begin making the Pyaaz Kachori Recipe, first add flour, salt and oil into a mixing bowl and and mix well.
2. Then, add water gradually, as you knead the mix into a soft dough. You can also add ghee/clarified butter in place of water to knead the dough. Knead well until it comes into a smooth and soft dough.
3. Cover it and let the dough rest for about 1 to 2 hours.
4. While the dough rests, prepare the filling. Place a kadai or wide pan on the heat and add some oil to it. Add cumin seeds to it and allow them to sizzle.
5. Next, add finely chopped onions and green chilies and sauté until onions turn translucent. Then, add ginger-garlic paste and cook until the raw smell of the paste is gone.
6. Add all the spice powders in next and mix well. Add salt to taste and cook for about a minute on low heat until the flavours blend. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool down completely.
7.Take the rested dough and lightly knead it on a clean flat surface till it is smooth. Divide the dough and the filling into an equal number of portions.
8. Place a kadai with enough oil to deep fry the kachoris, on the heat and allow it to warm slowly.
9. Roll one portion of the dough into smooth ball and then flatten it into a 3-inch circle. Place a portion of the filling in the center. Bring all the edges to gather and seal it tightly.
10.Roll this stuffed ball into a 3 inch circle, with the filling intact. Keep aside and repeat this step for rest of the dough until all the portions of dough and filling are used.
11.By now the oil should be warm for deep frying the kachoris. Deep fry small batches (not more than 2-3) of kachori on medium heat for about 3 minutes on either side, until golden, puffed up and crispy.
12.Serve Pyaaz Kachoris hot, with a Mint Chutney& Sweet Date Chutney for a tea party or even as an appetizer for a dinner party.