Paneerlababdar recipe – easy to prepare restaurant style gravy of paneerlababdar.
Preparing tomato-cashew-spices paste:
1. take 1.5 cups chopped tomatoes, 10 to 12 cashews, 1/2 inch chopped ginger, 2 to 3 garlic (chopped), 1 green cardamom, 2 cloves and 1/2 cup water in a small pan. use tomatoes which are not too tangy or sour.
2. cook till the tomatoes are softened. if the water dries up and the tomatoes are not softened, then add about 2 to 3 tbsp water and continue to cook.
3. allow this mixture to become warm or cool completely and add to a grinder or blender jar.
4. grind to a smooth paste without any cahsews or tomato chunks or pieces. you may add some water if required while grinding.
1. heat 2 tbsp butter in pan or kadai.add 1 tejpatta and saute for a couple of seconds.
2. add 1/2 cup finely chopped onions.
3. then continue to saute as well as stir and cook till the onions become light golden or golden.
4. then add the tomato-cashew-spices paste.
5. add 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder and 1/2 tsp red chili powder.
6. stir and saute this masala.
7. saute till you see fat leaving the sides of the masala paste.
8. then add 1 cup water. stir very well.
9. add 1 or 2 slit green chilies.
10. stir and allow the gravy to come to a simmer. then season with salt and sugar.
11. add 200 grams paneer which have been cubed. also add 2 tbsp grated paneer.
12. stir and simmer the paneerlababdar gravy for about a minute.