For the fillling:
1.Heat a pan, add the grated coconut and jaggery.
2. Stir for about five minutes. Add the nutmeg and saffron, mix well.
3. Cook for another five minutes and keep aside.
For the modak:
1.In a deep dish, boil water withghee. Add the salt and flour. Mix well.
2. Cover the dish and cook till its half done.
3. Spread somegheeon the base of a steel bowl and while the dough is still hot, knead it well.
4. Now take a little dough, roll it into a ball, flatten it well, shape the edges into a flower pattern.
5. Put a spoonful of the filling onto the dough and seal it.
6. Put the dumplings in a muslin cloth and steam them for 10- 15 minutes. 7. Serve.