kandapoha recipe – popular maharashtrian breakfast recipe made from red or white poha.
1. rinse the poha in water till they soften.
2. they should loose their crunchiness and when you break them between your finger, they should easily get crushed or mashed.
3. now add sugar, salt and turmeric powder to the poha and gently mix.
4. dry roast the peanuts in a pan till they become crunchy.
5. heat oil in the same pan.
6.crackle the mustard seeds first.
7.then add onions and saute them till they become translucent.
8.add curry leaves and green chilies. saute for half a minute.
9.add the roasted peanuts and stir.
10.add the poha and stir.
11.cover and steam the poha for 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
12.when cooking check after 1 or 1.5 minutes and give a stir again.
13.switch off the fire and let the kandapoha remain covered for 1-2 minutes.
14.remove the lid and sprinkle some lemon juice, coriander leaves and grated coconut.
15.give a gentle stir and serve onion poha hot with tea.