Gatte ka pulao is a very popular Rajasthani dish made of Gram flour and Rice
1. Wash and soak rice for 15-20 mins.
2. Boil water in a pan. Put the rice in boiling water and cook uncovered on low heat until the rice becomes firm but tender. Do not overcook the rice otherwise the rice grains will get break and mushy. Each grain of rice should be separate.
3. When rice is done sieve it and make it cool completely. Do not add hot rice otherwise the rice grains will get break and mushy.
4. Heat Ghee in a pan.
5. When ghee becomes slightly hot add Cashew nuts and toss it on medium heat till it turns light brown in colour and keep aside.
6. In the same pan now add boiled and cutted Gatta and shallow fry on medium heat till it turns light brown and keep aside.
7. In the remaining ghee add cloves, bay leaf and fry for few seconds. If you require more ghee then add it accordingly.
8. Now add cooked rice, fry Cashew nuts, fried Gatta into it and mix it well.
9. Add salt and black pepper and mix well.
10. if rice has become dry then add 2, 3 tsp of water and mix it well.
11. Cover the lid and cook for a min.
12. Gatta rice is ready and can serve with any Indian curry.