1.In a pan add oil, bay leaf, cinnamon, cumin seeds, cloves, whole pepper corns, green and black cardamom.
2.After it gets brown add chopped onions and saute it.
3. after sauteing add chopped ginger and garlic.
4.Then add turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, asafoetida, salt and fry well.
5. For de glazing the pan add little water.
6. Now add the chole (soaked overnight and pressure cooked) to the masala.
7. After stirring well add tomatoes, little sugar and salt to the chole (chickpeas)
8. Now add ajwain, chopped green chilies and water for the base.
9.To get the color in the chole, add a tea bag to the masala.
10.Simmer the chole gently for an hour and cover it.
11.Add lime juice and a dollop of butter to it.
12.Garnish the chole with coriander and butter.
S13.erve the chole hot with bhaturas.
For the bhaturas:
1.Knead the whole wheat flour, maida and salt together with adequate amount of water.
2. Sprinkle the yeast on top. Leave it for 2-3 hours for the yeast to work.
3. Divide it into equal portions. Roll out in an oval or round shape.
4. Deep fry till golden brown, like a puri.